Extracurriculars and Enhanced Learning Programs
Self-Development Academy (SDA) provides opportunities for learners of all ages to explore their curiosities and develop new interests in art, math, science, and language. SDA’s unique focus on enhanced education makes learning more meaningful, fun, and rewarding. Through extracurricular activities and an enhanced curriculum, SDA helps students develop a lifelong love for learning that extends into high school, college, graduate school, and life beyond.
SDA charter schools in Phoenix, Mesa, East Mesa, and Glendale provide numerous opportunities to help students augment and enrich their school experience. Some of these opportunities available at select SDA charter schools include:
- Science Labs – SDA students are exposed to hands-on science labs (rare in elementary schools) that provide opportunities for learning about and participating in the scientific method.
- Science Fairs – The annual science fair gives students the opportunity to explore an area of interest within various science fields and directly apply the scientific process to a subject of personal interest.
- Science Olympiad – Middle school students may also participate in the Science Olympiad and compete with other students throughout the Valley.
- Music Programs – Numerous music programs, including violin and percussion, provide interactive musical instruction for students of all ages and abilities.
- Field Trips – All classes at each SDA campus participate in at least one field trip per year. Previous field trips locations include the Phoenix Zoo, Phoenix Botanical Gardens, Butterfly Wonderland, Boyce Thompson Arboretum, and the Arizona Science Center.
- Clubs – Led by our talented faculty, after-school clubs provide SDA students with opportunities to explore topics of interest with their peers. After-school tutoring is also available to all students.
- Gifted Programs – Available at select campuses, SDA’s Gifted Program helps bright students develop their critical and creative thinking skills through enriched, project-based curriculum and unique, hands-on learning opportunities and interdisciplinary projects.
Want to Learn More?
Give us a call and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.